MAY UPDATE 2020 - 3rd Update
Dear Berth Holders,
With the easing of the COVID-19 restrictions by the UK Government on the 13/05/2020, we would like to welcome our valued customers back to Blackwater Marina in a responsible and managed way.
We ask you to adhere to all guidance issued by the UK Government and our current measures in place (stated below) during this uncertain time. We will endeavour to keep our customers updated of any new guidance and / or restrictions.
If you're visiting your boat, we'd be grateful if you could attend your boat alone, in order to reduce the number of people on-site and please do not stay on-board your vessel overnight.
If you do go afloat, please adhere to local byelaws and do not take any unnecessary risks that could endanger our Maritime Emergency Services.
Many measures that the Government have previously announced are still in force, this includes; staying at home as much as possible, maintaining the social distancing rules, continuing to adhere to high levels of hygiene and to stay at home if you have any symptoms.
Together with the British Ports Association, the RYA and British Marine, we will review and be advised on further Government guidance published to keep customers and employees safe in the Facility and Workplace that will enable us to consider whether any additional safeguards are needed.
Please bear with us during this transitional period as it is important that we do make sure that we are doing everything we can to keep our customers and staff safe.
In the meantime, our previous measures in the marina remain in place. This includes:
- Avoid visiting the Marina Office where possible, if you do visit the office please knock on the door and wait to be served outside. Please contact us remotely via telephone or email.
- We are accepting cash & cheques but Card or BACS payments are our preferred methods.
- Please maintain a 2m distance between staff, fellow berth holders and other marine operatives at all times.
- We are currently only accepting deliveries and post to the Marina Office for residential customers.
- The toilet and shower block facility is only to be used by residential customers and not Bertholders at this time, to limit the possible risk of virus transmission.
- The Workshop, Lookout, Office and Metal-shop will remain closed to all customers, safeguarding our staff.
The BWM Team.
Welcome to Blackwater Marina
Blackwater Marina lies on the UK’s east coast in a natural, sheltered harbour between the historic maritime towns of Maldon and Burnham on Crouch. The Continent is a day’s sail away, and London an hour by car or
The marina has fully serviced pontoon berths for 196 vessels and hardstanding for another 150. In addition, its 100 swinging moorings can offer access at all states of the tide to the region’s best cruising waters and
some of the UK’s rarest wildlife.
The marina has a rich heritage and today is home to an enviable diversity of craft – from Thames Barges and fishing smacks to racing yachts and modern motor cruisers. The extensive shoreside facilities are also
decidedly modern, but one thing hasn’t changed over the years – the good old-fashioned Blackwater welcome.
Mooring & Storage Charges
Once Upon a Time
Terms and Conditions
The Esplanade, Maylandsea, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6AL
Tel: (01621) 740264 - Fax: (01621) 742122
51.41.32 N 00.45.25 E